A new update to CS:GO has been released, making changes to the UMP45 and introducing a a new operation.
– Operation Hydra Events – unique game modes that are available for a week at a time:
— WAR GAMES: a set of twists on classic gameplay, including a special heavy armor, low-gravity sniping, team deathmatch, and more.
— WINGMAN: 2v2 competitive match on single-bombsite maps, a quick best-of-16 rounds, and a special Wingman skill group.
— WEAPONS EXPERT: Once you buy a weapon, you can’t buy it again for the rest of the match. 5v5 best-of-30 match with a special Weapons Expert skill group.
– Four new and three returning community-created maps, featured in weekly Hydra Events and available in regular matchmaking for casual and competitive play.
— Austria, Shipped, Lite, Thrill, Agency, Insertion, Black Gold.
– Operation Hydra All Access Pass ($5.99) includes:
— Guardian Mission campaign, with 30 missions that can be completed (and replayed) at your own pace.
— Access to Operation weapon drops and the new Operation Hydra Case.
— Operation Hydra Challenge Coin upgradable to the new Diamond level.
— Operation Hydra Journal that tracks your stats and provides friends leaderboards.
– Increased fidelity of 3rd person weapon sounds when HRTF is enabled.
– Made minor mix adjustments.
– Reduced the UMP45 damage at range to bring the weapon more in line with the SMG category (rangemodifier reduced from .85 to .75).
– Players no longer respawn when upgrading to a bonus weapon in Deathmatch.
– Added support for hostage maps in Demolition (for local/community servers.)
– Improved radar spotting when mp_teammates_are_enemies is enabled.
– Made Zeus show in pistol holster for players with a Zeus and no pistol.
– Fixed bullets not penetrating “teammates” when mp_teammates_are_enemies is enabled. (Thanks ALH-R!)
– Changed sv_disable_motd: default changed to 1.
– Changed convar mp_free_armor settings: 0 = none, 1 = kevlar, 2 = kevlar + helmet.
-Tweaked layouts of the following maps to better fit War Games and Wingman: Safehouse, StMarc, Lake, and Bank.
— Moved CT spawn forward.
— Added a bench at A for easier T access.
— Fixed clip brushes poking through top flight of tunnel stairs.
— Added clips to some lamp posts where player could get stuck.
— Adjusted fade distances on some props.
— Fixed visible nodraw seen from arch.
— Added new map for Guardian and 2vs2 mode.
— Added new map for Flying Scoutsman mode.
Operation Hydra features the all-new Operation Hydra Events–a 2v2 competitive mode, a 5v5 mode that requires broad weapon proficiency, and twists on classic game rules including a chance to play using a special heavy armor, low-gravity sniping, team deathmatch, knife and zeus-only, and others. There’s more – Operation Hydra features a set of new and returning community maps available for casual and competitive modes, along with a full Guardian Mission campaign, an Operation Coin upgradable to the new Diamond level, an Operation Journal with friends leaderboards, the opportunity to gain extra XP, Operation weapon drops, and the all new Operation Hydra Case!
Read more about it HERE.