Release Notes for 9/16/2016
CS:GO update 18.104.22.168 has shipped and includes the previous hitbox fixes from the Beta updates as well as new fixes to bugs related to Molotovs and smokes. The AWP and other scoped rifles have also received a new sound touch-up.
Tonight has seen the release of a new CS:GO update, version 22.214.171.124, and first and foremost the update takes live a number of fixes to hitboxes, crouch spamming, and player models which were already testable in a new Beta version of the game this past week.
In addition, Valve have tackled another recently reported bug which was reliably reproduced in game, namely that concerning floating smoke grenades where player clips were located on the map.
Valve have used the occassion to also tackle a few other bugs concerning these grenades, such as Molotovs spreading under closed doors or smoke grenades extinguishing Molotovs out of vertical reach.
Finally, all four scoped rifles have received a sound overhaul, and most famously the AWP now features a new in-game sound.
The full changelog for CS:GO version 126.96.36.199 is:
– The first-person camera of players, spectators, and demo-viewers is no longer allowed to rise higher than their third-person head. This should prevent first-person players from being able to see from perspectives where their third-person head is not also exposed.
– When a player’s first-person camera is adjusted, bullets fired from both their client and server-side locations are also adjusted to emit from the corrected position.
– If for any reason the third-person player animation lowers a player’s head beneath the client’s first-person camera, the client’s first-person camera is lowered to stay at or under the height of their third-person head. This means that the third-person motion of the player is now represented more accurately from the first-person perspective.
– Third-person landing recovery animations are now weighted based on altitude traversed and duration in-air. Players landing from small jumps or falling from lesser heights will play more subtle landing animations.
– The anti-crouch-spam system has been changed to use degrading speed, instead of logging keypress-count. As before, the more often players crouch, the slower they will rise or lower. But this should now prevent bugs where players would instantly stand, or lose their crouch-spam penalty by moving a tiny amount. If players crouch even more, eventually they will just stay standing up.
– First-person and third-person crouch speed is now more closely related. The third-person player lowers more quickly to match the first-person representation.
– Players landing in crouch positions play a more subtle landing animation that raises their third-person head less noticeably.
– Molotovs are no longer extinguished by smokes that are significantly below them, so now it is possible to smoke inside hut on Nuke and throw a molotov on top of hut, or smoke under palace balcony on Mirage and throw a molotov on balcony floor.
– Molotovs are no longer extinguished by smokes that are above the fire height.
– Molotovs no longer spread under closed doors.
– Smoke grenades no longer get stuck in player clips when they extinguish flames upon bouncing off a wall.
– Increased fidelity and reduced distortion for fire sounds for AWP, SSG 08, G3SG1 and SCAR-20.
– Added unique reload, distant and draw sounds for SSG 08, G3SG1 and SCAR-20.
– Gunshot tails for AWP, SSG 08, G3SG1 and SCAR-20 no longer remain at the position they were fired, and instead more accurately spread over the environment.
– Latest version of de_cache, minor bug fixes.
– Lag compensation system will now reliably restore pose parameters responsible for animation layering which makes server-side hitboxes for lag compensated players better match client-side rendered models. (Thanks, /u/Spurks)
– Fixed a bug where player body pitch could improperly rotate the entire player entity inside lag compensation processing.