A new CS:GO update has shipped, build version 188.8.131.52, and it features map tweaks to both Cache and Nuke, with the latter map having been recently added to the Active Duty map-pool.
A new CS:GO update has arrived tonight and its biggest changes affecting gameplay are the official introduction of FMPONE’s “HD Cache” which includes subtle texture improvements to the competitive map as well as numerous tweaks to Nuke, the mapthat was recently added to Active Duty and that has seen criticism over its unoptimised nature.
Other changes include a fix to the long-time pernicious “alt-tab sound bug” which saw players who minimised the game experiencing phantom sounds across the map while playing.
Finally a small change which may lightly affect competitive play is that the radius of the C4 disarm sound has been increased, meaning that defending Counter-Terrorists are likely to hear the disarm sound from further distances.
The full changelog for the update can be found below:
- Fixed possible remote code execution bug in KeyValues parsing. Thanks to xPaw for finding and reporting the issue!
- Fixed a bug allowing community servers to override certain game files.
- Added support in vbsp for clip brush textures with different material types.
- Added CS:GO in-game blog localization for Finnish.
- Significantly reduced holiday cheer.
- Added convars cl_weapon_debug_show_accuracy and cl_weapon_debug_show_accuracy_duration
- With “cl_weapon_debug_show_accuracy 1,” when a shot is fired, a 12 inch circle will be drawn at the Effective Range of the weapon, i.e, the farthest distance at which the shot is guaranteed to fall within a 12 inch circle.
- With “cl_weapon_debug_show_accuracy 2,” when a shot is fired, a circle will be drawn at the surface that is aimed at showing the area that could have been hit by the bullet given its inaccuracy.
- cl_weapon_debug_show_accuracy_duration ( default 10 ) determines how long the debug circles last.
- The further the shot is into the spray sequence, the more red the circle will be.
- Increased radius of c4 disarm sound
- Fixed some cases where alt-tabbing away and back to the game would cause incorrect sounds to play
- Visibility improvements based on color-blind player feedback
- Texture improvements
- New vent models
- Added subtle markers for grenade throws (thanks James Bardolph)
- Added plant-zone decals to Bombsite B
- Added graphic for “Sun-room” (thanks Thurnip)
- Fixed fade distance on crate in checkers
- Fixed weapons being irretrievable under vent
- Fixed all known bomb-stuck spots
- Fixed an exploit involving flashbangs from mid into checkers
- Fixed pixelwalks at mid, T-Spawn, A main, A site
- Improved .nav mesh (thanks p_NM)
- Improved accuracy of grenade clips on metal containers
- Clip brushes now play the correct material type footstep sound
- Performance optimizations
- Removed crate stack from CT side
- Removed railings outside HUT
- Removed railings at top of Heaven ladder
- Lowered ambient soundscape volumes
- Door opening and closing predictability fixed
- Improved .nav mesh (thanks Bez)
- Fixed +use interaction through tool or clip brushes
- Fixed double doors being blocked by their sibling door being blocked by the player