Make Your Mark
Introducing the Graffiti Update, which provides the ability to mark up your world with a wide range of graffiti patterns now available as drops and through graffiti box offers.
Use your imagination and decorate the world for yourself, your friends, and (when the opportunity presents itself) your enemies.
From now until Oct 10th you can get one ready-to-apply unsealed graffiti pattern just by launching the game. You’ll continue to receive graffiti as drops, and can get more on the Steam Market or by purchasing in-game graffiti boxes.
This feature is not really competitive, although its inclusion in previous iterations of the game has led to amusing gameplay quirks for some pros, such as a tendency to glance down at the ground after closing out a round successfully (as this was a common time to “spray” one’s logo).
Valve have also fixed two recent bugs introduced in their recent updates. The first concerns the inability to extinguish fire while throwing smoke grenades through certain surfaces such as water, for example near the B-site tunnels on Overpass.
The second fix relates to audible sounds of the M4A1-S, which many argued took away the stealth advantage of that gun. The gun is now no longer audible at a long range.
Release Notes for 6/10/2016
– Added ability to apply graffiti. http://www.counter-strike.net/graffiti/
– Added Community Graffiti Box 1 to offers.
– Added CS:GO Graffiti Box to offers.
– For a limited time every player will get a graffiti pattern when they launch the game.
– Added sealed graffiti to the list of possible weekly drops.
– Graffiti FAQ: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7737-UKVB-0657
– Improved reliability of smoke grenades popping to extinguish fire when bouncing smoke grenade on displacement surfaces.
– Fixed respawn waves not working outside of Guardian and Strike missions.
– Added steam protocol support for connect and playcast commands:
– Fixed bug where M4A1-S was audible at long range.
– Lowered volume of weapon sounds.
– Made minor volume mix adjustments.
Information source: CS:GO Blog