Valve has released a new update regarding adjustments to Nuke, Dust2, and Canals, as well as a new seven-day trade restriction.
Adjustments to maps and trade
Steam trading was created to allow customers to easily exchange items with each other, and each day we see thousands of customers using Steam Trading in this way. Recently we’ve been looking into ways to reduce some negative unintended uses of trading in CS:GO (such as fraud and scams), with the goal of preserving trade between players.
Starting today, CS:GO items received in trade will have the same seven-day trade cooldown as items purchased in-game or via the Steam Community Market.
Over time, third-parties have developed services that use automated Steam accounts to mimic players and make use of Steam’s trading functionality. Unfortunately, some of these third party services have become a vector for fraud or scams. Unlike players, these services rely on the ability to trade each item very frequently. In contrast, a given item moves between actual players no more than once a week in the vast majority of cases.
We want to make sure that Steam item trading is a useful feature that continues to provide customers with the freedom to give and receive items as they wish. However, we realize today’s change may also be disruptive to some players. We’ll continue to evaluate trading policies as time goes on, and if you have any feedback or concerns about the change you can email us at CSGOTeamFeedback [at] valvesoftware.com.
Release Notes for 30/03/2018
– Fixed quad surround sound so it works again.
– Fixed a bug that could cause looping sounds, such as the hostage breathing sound, to be stuck on in some situations.
– Fixed a rare bug that caused spectators to sometimes hear water footsteps coming from players on dry ground.
– CS:GO items received in trade cannot be re-traded for seven days.
– Added support for uniform scale adjustment of static prop models.
— To re-size static props, adjust the “uniform scale override” prop_static Hammer property, or use shift+mousewheel in the Hammer 3d viewport.
– Moved squeaky door back a bit, to give a clearer view towards hut
– Changed geometry near crane when on rafters, to remove awkward position
– Smoothed out movement on roof near T spawn
– Changed color of new boxes in bombsite B
– Changed color of small red box at T side of yard
– Added some cover at back of squeaky door hall
– Removed one-way wallbang from CT spawn up to cat
– Fixed some minor bugs
– Fix for mip bias exploit
– Opened up B lobby to stairs
– Simplified geometry around B site for better movement
– Blocked “invisible” area at A
– Fixed several “pixelwalking” exploits
– Fixed various minor bugs